Behavior Change Account Executive
We create more than marketing campaigns. We create marketing campaigns that make a difference. We encourage kids to stop smoking. We ask pregnant women to get checkups. And we continually encourage the general population to stay on top of their health. It’s more than advertising. It’s behavior change. And we’re looking for someone who understands marketing, public health and client relationship management to help us lead this division into the future.
As a Behavior Change Account Executive, you will support senior members of our Behavior Change Division as a point of contact between the agency and assigned clients. You will focus on building and maintaining a strong working relationship with our clients and ensuring that assigned clients receive the highest level of service, at all times. You will be responsible for public relations, social media and event coordination, with support from other agency staff members. You will also coordinate and collaborate with agency colleagues, including media planners and buyers, copywriters, designers, project managers, and administrative staff, ensuring the accurate and timely completion of client tasks.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Play a pivotal role in handling many of the day-to-day activities for the behavior change team, including working with senior members of the team to help manage budgets and forecasts, and implement behavior change campaigns.
- Develop and edit compelling and high-quality deliverables, including memos, meeting recaps, research, written content and client correspondence. Ability to translate complex information into lay language and oversee content development of social media and public relations tactics.
- Maintain client contact for day-to-day activities and campaign management.
- Attend client and committee meetings as requested.
- Keep up-to-date with public health issues and trends to increase personal knowledge and expertise, and to share best practices and ideas with clients.
- Demonstrate ability to creatively and effectively solve problems.
- Coordinate client interaction with other members of the account team (account project managers, research, strategy, creative, PR/social media, media, etc.) as well as client contacts and business partners in order to do the following:
- Provide guidance, as needed, to other AB&C departments.
- Review recommendations for consistency with established strategies and goals, and monitor the implementation of approved strategies and plans.
- Document client input by way of client conference reports, creative briefs, work orders, project scope documents, etc.
- In collaboration with agency project managers and department heads, manage the scheduling and flow of projects, working within the established agency systems and controls. This includes the following:
- Smart budgeting that is fair to both client and agency, as well as realistic timelines that allow sufficient time to deliver the quality of creative thinking that AB&C is expected to provide.
- Workable budgets, timelines and authorizations for clients.
- Coordination and approval of all monthly billing for each assigned account.
- Opening jobs through an online job management system.
- Assist in developing new business and seeking opportunities to promote AB&C services to clients, when appropriate.
- 3–5 years of work experience in an advertising agency or a related field.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in business administration, marketing or communications.
- Prior work experience in public health or healthcare is a plus.
- Delaware resident or knowledge of the state’s demographics is a plus.
- Public relations, event coordination and management, and social media management experience. Must be able to set up and oversee events.
- Skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Keynote.
- Understands the components of marketing and advertising strategies, and can apply them in making decisions.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with many different personalities.
- Prioritizes job projects and revises plans when required.
- Balances the needs of the client with the resources of the agency.
- Generates innovative, creative ideas and solutions.
- Sharp attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills. Writing sample required.
- Skilled at multitasking.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and computer and Internet access. Must be available to work nontraditional hours, including some nights and weekends.
Explore this website to get a sense of who we are – as well as the clients we serve.