AB&C—one of the largest full-service, independent agencies in the region—is growing, and we’re looking for an experienced Account Executive to join our bustling team.
Account Executives oversee the day-to-day activities for assigned client relationships and are the primary point of contact between the agency and client when an Account Supervisor/Senior Account Executive is not assigned to the account. Account Executives are focused on building and maintaining a strong working relationship with clients and ensuring that assigned clients receive the highest level of service. Account Executives may additionally function as project managers on their accounts if one is not assigned. In this capacity, they coordinate internal processing of client work and collaborate with colleagues, including division directors, account planners, media planners and buyers, copywriters, designers and administrative staff, overseeing the completion of client tasks. Individuals identified as Senior Account Executives are responsible for a larger portfolio of client accounts in terms of agency revenue and complexity and have greater agency and/or industry experience.
- Three to four years’ work experience in an advertising agency or in a related field. Five to nine years of experience for Senior Account Executives.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Business Administration, Marketing or Communications.
- Understands the components of marketing and advertising strategies and can apply them in making decisions.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with many different personalities.
- Prioritizes client expectations and needs and revises plans when required.
- Generates innovative, creative ideas and solutions.
- Sharp attention to detail.
- Energetic, approachable, enthusiastic and a clear communicator.
- Effective interpersonal, organizational and verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Skilled at multitasking.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work as assigned clients’ advocate within AB&C.
- Serve as day-to-day point person on assigned accounts, available to respond diligently to client questions and concerns, building trust and value in the relationship.
- Organize and participate in client meetings and client status calls.
- Develop and send weekly client status reports.
- Ensure that availability of account services support during normal business hours is available to clients.
- Seek opportunities to promote agency services to clients, when appropriate. Present new concepts and strategies to client with Account Supervisor and/or Division Director.
- Stay well versed in all aspects of assigned accounts and client projects that are in the queue.
- Manage the flow of project work through the agency in conjunction with (or in lieu of) project management.
- Coordinate all client interaction with other members of the AB&C account team and freelancers as well as client contacts and business contractors to:
- Provide guidance, as needed, to other AB&C departments, freelancers and contractors;
- Initiate estimates, budget authorizations and creative briefs in response to client needs and expectations;
- Review recommendations for consistency with established strategy and goals and monitor the implementation of approved strategies and plans;
- Review creative, media, PR/SM and research recommendations before they are sent to the client;
- Ensure all internal and external client deadlines are met;
- Document client input by way of Client Conference Report, Work Orders, project scope documents, etc.;
- Ensure that detailed and client-approved creative briefs are available for the account team;
- Manage assigned client account monthly billing and reconciliations as necessary.
- If an account supervisor is not assigned to the account, lead client and internal conference calls, meetings and reviews as needed or scheduled.
- Fill out timesheets on a daily basis and work with accounting department on all client-related needs.
Strategic thought leadership/Professional development:
- Set alerts and follow clients in news/social media.
- Set alerts to following client industry-related news items.
- Attend agency-wide education sessions.
- Research ad industry content to better yourself and the agency.
- Consider professional development conference to expand your account services skillset.
We offer a supportive and friendly environment, competitive salaries, generous PTO and a comprehensive benefits package, including a 401(k) plan with company match.
Diversity at AB&C
We are committed to improving diversity, equity and inclusion. We invite people from all backgrounds and experiences to apply.